Hospice Savannah exists to help lift the burden of worry when you or your loved one receives a life limiting diagnosis. Simply call our Referral Center and we will answer all your questions by phone or preferably, come to see you (wherever you are) as soon as possible. Please take a moment to watch our video. Click here.
Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance will cover Hospice Savannah’s care; however, care is provided regardless of ability to pay. We provide:
- Medications and therapies related to the terminal illness to provide comfort and independence. Our patients enjoy living fully and do not need to be home-bound like home health patients.
- 24-hour on-call availability of Hospice Savannah registered nurses, social workers and chaplains.
- Durable medical equipment, such as hospital beds, oxygen, wheelchairs, and other items to improve independence.
- Supplies and disposable paper products for patient comfort and caregiver convenience.
- Direct delivery of medications, therapies, equipment and supplies to your home at no expense.
- Acute hospitalizations, emergency admission to Hospice House, or continuous care in your home for aggressive pain or symptom management.
- Five-day respite stays in Hospice House available to offer caregivers a break.
- Music therapy, Storykeeping, physical therapy, massage therapy, speech therapy and nutritional counseling as needed.
- Follow-up grief support and counseling to loved ones during their period of bereavement.