“No one should have to deal with grief alone.”
When someone dies, everyone in the family is affected. Hospice Savannah’s care extends beyond the treatment of physical symptoms to consider the emotional and social needs of patients and families.
Grief is a direct result of love. When someone we love dies, we feel many different things. Some of us feel sad, some of us feel numb. Many people feel guilt or anger. Grief is different for each person.
Full Circle: A Center for Education and Grief Support
450 Mall Blvd Suite H
Savannah, GA 31406
Through Full Circle, a Center for Education and Grief Support, we provide a team of qualified and experienced bereavement staff to deal with the emotional and psychological consequences of a loss. Not only do we offer a range of bereavement support for anyone whose relative or friend was cared for by Hospice Savannah, but we also support any adult, teen or child in our coverage area who is having difficulty dealing with loss.
Effingham County residents can access bereavement support in Rincon by calling counselor Barbara Moss at 912-629-1089. Barbara holds office hours (by appointment) on Monday and Tuesday of each week in the United Way's Effingham Service Center, located at 711 Zitterour Drive in Rincon . (Map for location)
Liberty and Bryan County residents can access bereavement support in Richmond Hill by calling counselor Betsy Kammerud at 912-629-1097. Betsy holds office hours (by appointment) each Wednesday at the United Way Center located at 9611 Ford Avenue. (Map for location)
Our services are funded through generous donations from the community and are delivered free of charge.
Support is just a phone call away.
Please call 912.303.9442 to directly reach Full Circle’s staff and learn more about:
- Support groups for children and adults. Pre-registration is requested. Please click here for list of groups and times. Individual Counseling can be arranged with a Bereavement Counselor.
- Camp Aloha, an overnight grief camp for children ages 6 -17, held the first weekend in May at Ebenezer Retreat in Rincon. Camp dates for 2014 are May 2-4.
- Grief support in the workplace. Full Circle provides informational seminars and professional development training on grief and loss for schools, healthcare providers, businesses and the general community.
- Memorial Gatherings are generally held on the first Thursday evening of every other month in the Community Education Room of Hospice House. These gatherings afford an opportunity for families, friends and staff to remember those who have died under our care. Memorial Gathering dates for 2014 are February 6, April 3, June 5, August 7, and October 2. Our December gathering will be the annual Tree of Light celebration to be held on Sunday, December 7, 2014.
- The Tree of Light Memorial Gathering is generally held on the first Sunday afternoon of December. This annual fundraiser supports the work of Full Circle and provides support to families and friends as they remember their loved ones during the holiday season. 2014 date for Tree of Light memorial gathering is December 7.