When you are not ready for hospice…
…our Palliative Care program can help manage your symptoms and our Edel Caregiver Institute can help provide practical caregiving resources
Help is available to individuals and families who choose to pursue curative treatment and for those who don’t qualify for hospice care. Individuals with a serious illness (such as dementia, advanced diabetes, cancer, CHF, COPD, MS, and others) may benefit from this extra support.
We offer emotional and practical assistance to families not yet ready for hospice services.
We can provide assurance and support to anyone with a serious progressive illness and/or we can provide access to appropriate medical and non-medical services from community providers.
Why would I call for this kind of help?
It can be confusing to know where to turn to for help when coping with a serious illness. If you agree with four or more of the following statements, it may be time to call us:
- I’ve become weaker and more fatigued
- I’m tired and just want to be comfortable
- I’ve fallen several times in recent months
- I’ve been hospitalized and needed emergency care several times in the last year
- Pain medications don’t seem as effective as before
- I spend a good part of my day lying in bed or just sitting
- I’m calling my doctor more frequently
No one needs to feel alone. We’re here to help. Just call.
For more information contact the Steward Center for Palliative Care at 912-354-8014 or the Edel Caregiver Institute at 912.629.1331.